Become a volunteer
AIGA relies on member volunteers to accomplish many activities throughout the year, and the biennial “Gain: AIGA Business and Design Conference” is no exception. AIGA takes on approximately 20 volunteers to help us with all aspects of onsite event management.
This opportunity was available only to current AIGA members. Volunteer positions were available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Volunteers had to attend an orientation session at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 22 at the Roosevelt Hotel
- Volunteers spent 4–5 hours on Wednesday, October 22 collating conference materials.
- Volunteers were assigned other responsibilities from Thursday, October 23 through Saturday, October 25. Responsibilities included registration, ushering, managing microphones during Q & A, way finding, packing materials, etc.
- Total working time between Wednesday and Saturday was approximately 25–30 hours.
- Volunteers received complimentary conference registration and invitations to all events and parties. Schedules were designed to allow volunteers to attend as many presentations as possible.
For information on volunteering at future AIGA events, email email@example.com.